At the Old World Inn, we offer unique lodging in Napa Valley. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, time away with friends, or some time away by yourself, you will love it here.
What's the different between a hotel/motel and a bed and breakfast?
That's a question we get often.
It's both easy—and hard—to answer. It's both easy—and—hard to answer.
First, the similarities:
Both Hotels and B&Bs have:
• Staff to help you
• Private guest rooms with comfortable beds
• Private bathrooms—with a tub/shower, or (more luxurious) spa tubs
• Places to hang your clothes and drawers to store your folded clothes
Now, for some differences:
Hotels often have:
• Restaurants and room service
• Someone at the front desk 24/7
• Rooms with 2 beds (often full or queen size)
• A bellman to carry your bags
While our B&B may not have the above items, it does have:
• Higher quality mattresses, linens, and bedding
• The "feel" of home (finished woods, fine furniture, antiques, and custom tile work)
• People on staff that are locals, have been to nearby restaurants and wineries, and (if you ask) are happy to share and help.
• An overall "vibe" that is much more like staying at a friend's house than at a sterile hotel.
While you're not required (or expected!) to talk with other guests, it often happens.
Because the atmosphere of a B&B is more friendly. It's not forced or phony—friendly conversations just seem to happen.
People smile more.
Some even laugh out loud.
Napa Old World Inn
To hear more about what our guests have had to say about their time with us, see our reviews on YELP and TripAdvisor.